The newly renovated Mandela House re-opened on 19 March 2009. The successful restoration and construction project included Ė
- Restoration of the house taking into account all considerations of heritage preservation and conservation
- the construction of a new Visitor Centre and facilities
- installation of new exhibitions with information about the House and the people who lived there
- Development of multi media and audio visual displays
Monday to Sunday 09:00 - 16:45
Closed on Good Friday and Christmas Day
Booking not essential, but is encouraged at this extremely popular heritage site. Tour Guides are available at no additional charge.
Individual and group bookings for guided tours can be made electronically on email@example.com
The duration of a tour at Mandela House is approximately 40 minutes.
Please note: Bookings for groups do not entitle exclusive site viewing as there may be other walk-in or individual visitors to the House.
|Adults (African Union) ||R 40.00 pp|
|Adults (International)||R 60.00 pp|
|Pensioners (African Union)||R 20.00 pp|
|Children over 6 years||R 20.00 pp|
|Students (Subject to proof of a valid student card)||R 20.00 pp|
|School Groups (Learners and Educators) and Children under 6 years||R 5.00 pp|
* Residents of Greater Soweto are entitled to half-price admission on presentation of a valid proof of residence, such as a current utilities account.
Click here to download directions
A maximum of 20 people can navigate the Mandela House site with ease at any one time. Every effort is made to accommodate all visitors but there may be a short waiting period until a previous group has concluded their visit. Mandela House is a wheelchair-friendly site.
Mandela House Merchandise
A range of selected quality merchandise exclusive to Mandela House has been developed and is for sale in the visitor centre. The full range will be available through the course of 2009 and includes golf and T-shirts, caps, pens, bags, DVDís and books.
Educational Programmes and services are conducted on site and through an out-reach project. Schools interested to participate in these programmes should submit their details to firstname.lastname@example.org